Saturday, November 15, 2008

Now That It's Over...

OK. It's over. A campaign that by some counts has lasted for nearly FOUR YEARS is over. So...can we let it go? Don't get me wrong. I have a lot of concerns about the incoming Washington crowd. When I say "let it go" I mean the election. Let's look to the future and debate where we are doing, not where we've been recently.

Sociologically, I am thrilled that the "race ceiling" is finally shattered; economically, on the other hand, as a devoted free-market capitalist, I am very concerned. We already have enough government intervention trying to "fix" the market. We don't need more. We need less. Rather than letting the market correct (and even punish) itself--regardless of how violent that correction may be--government is now postponing the inevitable with half-baked measures that, in the long run, won't work anyway.

No comments: